Please celebrate 20 years of online sales with us! We’ve been processing and shipping online orders for foodservice equipment since we launched online in 1998. With almost no exceptions, we have processed orders every single day and shipped every product requested by our customers since we began 20 years ago.
It has been quite an adventure in sales and customer service, and we’ve seen a lot and made it through many challenges – including dot-com crashes, recessions, and countless changes in our industry.
Let’s look back at what things were like when we opened up online in 1998:
- Smartphones? Forget about it – most of us did not even have a cell phone. If you did have a mobile phone, it certainly did not have a camera!
- Amazon mainly sold books and music, and was just starting to expand into other products.
- Netscape was the most popular web browser, and Microsoft Internet Explorer was trying to change that.
- Anything with a .com was worth like a gagillion dollars on the stock market. But, there was no Facebook or Twitter, so you could not tweet about it.
- googol – a number to represent a huge quantity. Nobody Googled yet. People searched for things on InfoSeek, Lycos, AltaVista, and other strange sounding search engines.
- The cost of a gallon of gas overaged $1.15/gallon, a postage stamp was 32 cents, and the average cost of a new house was $129,000.
My, how things change, but some things stay the same. Like every year prior, we are happy and excited to be approaching another wonderful holiday shopping and shipping season with you, and we are looking forward to serving you for many years to come.
Thank you for your support,